Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Endless Journey

Have you ever really tried to figure yourself out? It can get complicated, especially as most of us are continually evolving in many different ways. We are always learning, and therefore finding out new things about ourselves. I've been on what is inevitably an endless journey to find myself and figure out once and for all what I really want to do with my life.
One thing that always comes back to me, always, is food. Food sustains us and nourishes us. It is the centerpiece of all our social gatherings. The one thing that all humans have in common is we like to eat. Some of us love to eat more than others, and therefore find that we also love to cook... so we can eat more. We love to cook so much and want to share all we cook with everyone, so we get this crazy idea that we want to start writing about food too! I once wrote that food consumes my time as much as I consume food itself (which is a lot).
So we are continuously eating, cooking, writing and truly learning about ourselves in the process.
What I have learned about myself lately is that I really love writing and not just about food, but about anything and everything . I enjoy it so much that I have recently started writing a novel (I'm about three chapters in...and I love it!). Consequently giving my blogging a temporary spot on the back burner.
I have missed writing my blogs and am making an effort to balance my life out in all categories...with all this eating, has to come exercise.
So my endless journey continues...at least for now I know I'll be eating, writing and hopefully sharing some interesting notions with you.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see this post and hear about your new adventure. Best of luck with your novel. Please keep us updated. Take care.

    ReplyDelete